Thursday, June 4, 2009

You know you have been co-sleeping too long when...

...you mistake your pillow for your child. Seriously, that happened. C came to bed late last night after studying for the CFA exam, and, upon his arrival into our lit, I woke up to find myself cuddling my pillow (which is about the size and shape of BB) as if it were BB himself.  I looked over to the pack-in-play to find that it still contained BB, fast asleep and blissfully unaware of the momentary dreamy confusion that his half-asleep mother was experiencing at that moment. H slept until 3am, at which point I was FORCED (yeah, right) into snuggling with a very warm, very real, very un-foam-filled BB. He has no idea what's about to hit him when we transition him to his "big boy" crib next week. Poor bébé. And poor maman. I might have to adopt that pillow for a while so I don't go into BB withdrawal in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment