Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bienvenue!

As I am writing this, my five-month-old-son--who shall, in the blogosphere, be known as "BB" (short for Bébé B)--has decided to awaken from his nap (what's new?). Alas, this first post will be curtailed so that my neighbors do not call our apartment's front office (or--gasp--CPS) with reports of an incessantly, helplessly screeching infant. Since becoming a mother, I have become fascinated with things I never knew could be so interesting--namely, baby gear. And not just any baby gear. The kind of baby gear coveted and toted by celebrities and posh moms who use "summer" and "lunch" as verbs. One glance at a futuristic-looking stroller (which are becoming more and more ubiquitous in the Green Hills/Belle Meade area of Nashville), and I can tell you whether it's a Bugaboo, an Orbit, or (my personal favorite, since it is BB's mode of transportation) a Quinny. I am well-versed in the language of Maxi-Cosi, Storksak, and Whoozits. However, the sole purpose of this blog is not to market the latest in pricey tot paraphernalia. I will also regale you with anecdotes and amusing tidbits from my life as a 23-year-old maman who is hopelessly in love with her bébé, to whom she is attempting to teach French. Who knows, I might even throw in a recipe or two to show you what I'm cooking for my husband, C. Guess you'll have to wait and see.  Throughout all the adventures and mesaventures of motherhood, sometimes I just have to remind myself that this is the life I've chosen, and c'est la vie. I think all the other mamans out there will agree with me. À
 bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment